Translate

Thursday, October 17, 2013

I’m Guilty Too

From Tullian Tchividjian.  I actually cringe for the same reason when I think of my earlier sermons.  

 In an interview that Jonathan Merritt of Religion News Services conducted with me regarding my new book One Way Love: Inexhaustible Grace for an Exhausted World, one of the questions he asked was:

What are the ways in which you–yes you, as a clergy person–been complicit in perpetuating this system (works righteousness)?
I answered, in part, by saying:
I’m so embarrassed by many of the sermons I preached early on. I wish I could go back and apologize to all the people who heard them. My primary concern at that time was to get people to do more, try harder, and change. The end result was stunted spiritual growth for our people because I was causing them to fix their eyes on themselves rather than on Christ.
Read the rest here.

No comments:

Post a Comment